We have just released version 1.7 which comes with a full list of new features, improvements and bug fixes.
Most notably this release now brings support for non-square images and 1080px resolution images.
- New: High Resolution 1080px setting for bleeding edge use of high res images (not offically supported by Instagram API)
- New: Support for non-square images from Instagram
- New: Specific cron URL for each account
- New: Compatibility with WordPress 4.5
- New: Added ‘Pending Review’ status for posts created
- New: Added ‘Private’ status for posts created
- Improvement: Preserve line break formatting in Instagram captions
- Improvement: Renamed ‘Refresh’ button to ‘Refresh Image’ to avoid confusion
- Improvement: Filter for filename of saved image
- Improvement: Using Sellwire to deliver automatic updates to the plugin
- Bug Fix: PHP Notice: Undefined property: InstagrateProController::$video_count
- Bug Fix: Moderation not set for new connections or ‘load more’ images
- Bug Fix: Image count appearing in screen options
- Bug Fix: Emojis in comment text breaking comments display
- Bug Fix: PHP Warning about array_merge of lat and lng post meta
- Bug Fix: Load more images button not appearing if previous stream had no more images
- Bug Fix: Missing argument 2 for InstagrateProComments::comment_text()
- Bug Fix: Fatal error on WP installs before 4.2 due to $wpdb->getcolcharset()
- Bug Fix: Posts created as draft by mistake
- Bug Fix: Image not posted if last hashtag had emoji
- Bug Fix: 404 link to debug.txt file in settings page
High Resolution Images
To enable this bleeding edge feature navigate to Instagrate Pro > Settings > Global and turn on “High Resolution Images”.
To allow the plugin to post images of different sizes, turn on the ‘Non Square Instagram Images’ setting in Instagrate Pro > Settings > API. You will need to disconnect from and reconnect to Instagram for any accounts that you want to post non-square images. This means that the images will be reloaded in the account settings page as pending, so be sure to then manually ignore the images already posted.
Also make sure you don’t have any ‘height’ or ‘width’ attributes in the image defined in the account content, which may interfere with the non square image ratio.
However, the downside to this release is that the service we used to provide automatic updates for our plugins has been shutdown. This means for this update you will need to download the latest zip file from your Sellwire receipt, delete the existing
instagrate-pro folder inside your
wp-content/plugins directory and unzip the file and copy the
instagrate-pro across to the
wp-content/plugins directory on your site.
You will not lose your existing settings by manually updating in this way. Please do not deactivate and delete the plugin via the WordPress dashboard as that will remove data.
Please contact us if you have lost your online receipt via https://intagrate.io/support/ and we will be happy to send you the link.