Intagrate 1.7.6 has just been released which adds some extra compliance for Instagram’s API changes for the 1st June.
Deprecated Feed Stream
Instagram have decided to remove the Feeds endpoint (latest media from users you follow), so the plugin will no longer post images for accounts configured with that stream.
The API client the plugin uses was recently approved by Instagram, which included new permissions. Therefore any accounts using the streams ‘All Hashtagged Media’, ‘Users Media’, and ‘Location Media’ will need to re-authorize the account with Instagram. This is as simple as clicking the link in the notice at the top of the edit account page and re-approving your account with the plugin’s API client.
Non Square Images
As of the 1st June, all of the API feeds will serve images in the format they were created on Instagram by default, that is a mix of square and non-square images. Therefore the non-square image setting in the plugin has been removed.
Custom API Clients
If you are using a custom API client then this will stop working as of 1st June and will need to go through Instagram’s approval process. Alternatively uncheck the ‘Use Custom Instagram API Client’ setting in Intagrate > Settings > API and then reconnect your account(s) to get things working again.
The new version also contains a fix for Hashtagged streams that would occasionally stop fetching new images from Instagram. If this has happened, switch your stream to ‘Recent’ then back to ‘All Hashtagged Media’ and click ‘Load More’ until you see the last image that was posted on your site. Manually select and set all the ones that have been posted to ‘Ignore’ so they don’t get posted again.
- Bug Fix: Fixed hashtag streams not fetching new images
- New: Reconnect account button to reauthorize with Instagram API. Forced for public_content accounts as per Instagram API 1st June 2016
- New: Deprecate use of ‘Feed’ stream as per Instagram API 1st June 2016
- Improvement: Remove non-square setting as Instagram API has it by default as of 1st June 2016
- Improvement: Download install data to attach to support emails